Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/10/23 11:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>>> IOW, maybe it'd be okay to de-revert 3d4fa227b and add documentation
>>> saying that --with-gssapi requires MIT Kerberos not Heimdal.
>
>> I'd be happy with that and can add the appropriate documentation noting
>> that we require MIT Kerberos.  Presumably the appropriate step at this
>> point would be to check with the RMT?
>
> Yeah, RMT would have final say at this stage.
>
> If you pull the trigger, a note to buildfarm-members would be
> appropriate too, so people will know if they need to remove
> --with-gssapi from animal configurations.

The RMT discussed this thread and agrees to a "de-revert" of the "Add
support for Kerberos delegation" patch, provided that:

1. The appropriate documentation is added AND
2. The de-revert occurs no later than 2023-04-15 (upper bound 2023-04-16
0:00 AoE).

There's an open item[1] for this task.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_16_Open_Items#Open_Issues

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Direct I/O
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h