Re: Unable to drop extension dblink

От Matt Gibbins
Тема Re: Unable to drop extension dblink
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 19/9/23 11:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matt Gibbins <matt_gibbins@fastmail.com.au> writes:
>> In the process of removing extensions not required on the database I was
>> in the process of removing the dblink extension from the postgres database.
>> First attempt to drop the extension failed with 'ERROR: schema
>> "ag_catalog" does not exist'.
> Something is very broken there.  I wonder if this error could be a
> corrupted reference to "pg_catalog" --- but I don't really see what
> the details could be, because we don't store schema references as
> textual names, rather OIDs.  Your follow-on errors also look more
> like catalog corruption than anything sane.  With only these limited
> factoids to look at, it's impossible to say just what's going on
> --- but creating bogus objects in response to these errors is
> unlikely to get you anywhere.  What PG version is this, what's
> the installation's history, have you suffered any catastrophic
> failures in the recent past?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Tom

Thanks.

The PG version information is PostgreSQL 15.4 (Debian 15.4-2.pgdg120+1)
on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, 64-bit.

The database was upgraded from version 13 to 15 in March this year.

This problem has only just now started occurring.

Not aware of any catastrophic failures. Though have had instances of
queries segfaulting.

Regards

Matt

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Unable to drop extension dblink
От: Wells Oliver
Сообщение: vacuum with multiple jobs and a partitioned table