Re: How to increace nightly backup speed

От Andrus
Тема Re: How to increace nightly backup speed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> $ ssh 81.50.12.18 "pg_dump -Z0 -Fc -ibv -U myuser mydb" | gzip -9

Alexander,

1. My database size seems to be appox 1 GB and download speed is approx 600
kb/s.  Your solution requires 4.5 hours download time
since 1 GB of data must be downloaded.

2. I have only 5432 port open to public internet on server used by Postgres.
Your solution requires ssh port to be opened also but sysadmins refuce to
configure routers for second port.

How to use your solution in those cases ?

Andrus.

От: Stephen Harris
Сообщение: Very minor "configure" issue?
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Datafiles binary portable?