Re: PostgreSQL 16 release announcement draft

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 16 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-08-24 11:23, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> SELECT $1::int + $2::int \bind 1 2 \g

One cast also works, letting type inference figure out the other.
So if I say

SELECT $1::int + $2 \gdesc

it tells me the result will be int. That made me wonder if there is
a \gdesc variant to issue the "statement variant" Describe message
and show what the parameter types have been inferred to be. If
there's not, obviously it won't be in 16, but it might be useful.

Regards,
-Chap

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 16 release announcement draft
От: Jerry Sievert
Сообщение: Altering the SELECT portion of a CREATE TABLE AS plan