Re: [HACKERS] Why type coercion is not performed for parameters?

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Why type coercion is not performed for parameters?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 05.05.2017 13:29, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:

But you know that the type of the literal "10" is int.  If you're throwing that information away, surely that's a bug in your code.

Yes, in case of integer literal I can easily determine parameter type.
But in case of string literal I have to set UNKNOWNOID type otherwise a lot of queries will not work.

.m

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Marko Tiikkaja
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Why type coercion is not performed for parameters?
От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] snapbuild woes