Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset

От Nacef LABIDI
Тема Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset
Дата
Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset  (hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>)
Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset  (Padam J Singh <padam.singh@inventum.cc>)
Список pgsql-sql
You are right about the fact that the rows don't keep the order they where created with at the start. I have verfied
planevents on. I want to provide the user with the ability to customize the order in which resources are displayed on
thescreen. So there is a mapping between the rows positions in the dataset and they display positions. After updating
oneof these resources the row jumps to the end of the dataset so does the resource on the display. And the order gets
scrambled.I cannot set this order in the databe since it is customizable for each user.<br /><br />When I have tested
thiswith SQLServer it works well, since the rows doesn't change position on the DB.<br /><br />I hope that you
understandmy issue and I will provide any explanations if someting isn't clear enough.<br /><br />Thanks to all<br
href="mailto:depesz@depesz.com">depesz@depesz.com</a>>wrote:<br /><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="border-left:1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div class="Ih2E3d">On
Tue,Apr 22, 2008 at 12:10:41PM +0200, Nacef LABIDI wrote:<br /> > Yes I don't issue any sort statement, and I indeed
wantthe data to be show<br /> > as it is stored in the database. But after updating a row (I don't update<br /> >
theID, just some fields), it keeps its same place on the DB but jumps to<br /> > the end of the dataset and by the
without"order by" you cannot depend on the order of rows.<br /> basically i treat them as in "random" order (which is

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset
От: "Pavan Deolasee"
Сообщение: Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of the dataset