Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-06-01 We 20:37, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 02:11:12PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Until recently TESTDIR needed to point to the build directory containing the
>> binaries. But I'd like to be able to separate test log output from the build
>> tree, so that it's easier to capture files generated by tests for CI /
>> buildfarm. The goal is to have a separate directory for each test, so we can
>> present logs for failed tests separately. That was impossible with TESTDIR,
>> because it needed to point to the build directory.
> FWIW, this argument sounds sensible to me since I looked at 0001, not
> only for the log files, but also to help in the capture of files
> generated by the tests like 010_tab_completion.pl.
>
> I don't know yet what to do about this part, so for now I have fixed
> the other issue reported by Peter where the test names were missing.

I hope we fix the original issue soon - it's apparently been the cause
of numerous buildfarm failures that it was on my list to investigate
e.g.
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jacana&dt=2022-05-15%2019%3A24%3A27>

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: PG15 beta1 sort performance regression due to Generation context change