Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/9/17 19:28, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 12/8/17 10:19, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Meh.  I never thought that the "help" business was particularly well
>>> thought out, and this proposal isn't better.
>
>> The perhaps the fix is to revert the "help" thing?
>
> No, my problem with it is that there are lots of contexts where typing
> "help" won't produce anything.  Robert's proposal downthread would
> go a long way towards fixing that.

No opinion on that, but if the problem is that people don't know how to
quit psql, then we should just put that information back into the
welcome message and be done with it.

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Moving relation extension locks out of heavyweight lock manager
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit