Re: pg_dump & windows (what a mess...!)

От reina@nsi.edu (Tony Reina)
Тема Re: pg_dump & windows (what a mess...!)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
pmiranda@vm.com.br wrote in message
> connectDB() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
> Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on Unix
> socket '5432'?
>
> I figured that, although through Windows clients everything works fine,
> maybe from the command line it's not recognizing where Postgres is. Maybe,
> I missed some configuration parameter or something else (TCP/IP perhaps....
> what's pg_hba.conf for? How can I change it?)

If your Windows clients are accessing the database correctly (via ODBC
I presume), then you probably just don't have the correct
environmental variables set for DOS.

Try using this:

psql -h hostname -d database_name

where "hostname" is the IP address of the machine containing the
database and "database_name" is the database name.

Alternatively, you can set up your DOS environmental variables. Add
the following to your autoexec.bat or any other file that will execute
when you drop into a DOS shell.

set pghost=host_computer_name
set pgdata=c:\directory_where_the_db_exists

where host_computer_name is the IP address for the machine containing
your database and c:\directory_where_the_db_exists is the directory
containing the data.

pg_hba.conf is the file that allows you to change which
users/computers can access the database. It's where you can set up
security in your connections. You should be able to edit it with a
standard text editor providing that you have read/write access to the
file.

-Tony

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Broken index?
От: "Mike Rogers"
Сообщение: FINAL: Multi-User PostgreSQL usage SECURITY