exists and is not null equivalence in query

От Raphael Bauduin
Тема exists and is not null equivalence in query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

In some code I am taking over, I found this query:

select count(t.trame_id) as count, v.voiture_num as voitureNum  from arch_trames t left join voiture v on
(v.tag_id=t.tag_id)
where
(t.recept_time >= 1243509320691)
and exists (select v2.voiture_num from voiture v2 where v2.tag_id=v.tag_id)
group by v.voiture_num  order by v.voiture_num

Am I right that I can replace the "and exists..." clause by "and v.voiture_num is not null " in this case?

Thanks

Raphaël

--
Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Emi Lu
Сообщение: Re: Allow column type to change without worrying about view dependencies
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: exists and is not null equivalence in query