Re: Do Postgres exceptions rise up the stack?

От Wiebe Cazemier
Тема Re: Do Postgres exceptions rise up the stack?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 30 June 2007 23:14, Postgres User wrote:

> A basic question about raising exceptions in Postgres:
>
> If  Function A  calls Function B
>
> and Func B raises an exception, will the exception roll back the
> transaction in Func A by default?   Or do I need to trap and re-raise
> the exception in Func A?
>
> Thanks.

Any exception aborts the transaction. That's how exceptions work. If you don't
catch them, they bubble all the way to the surface. Otherwise it would be too
much like if-statement error checking.

От: "Postgres User"
Сообщение: Do Postgres exceptions rise up the stack?
От: "Postgres User"
Сообщение: Re: SQL problem..