Re: Add semi-join pushdown to postgres_fdw

От Alexander Pyhalov
Тема Re: Add semi-join pushdown to postgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov писал(а) 2023-11-27 03:49:

> Thank you for the revision.
>
> I've revised the patch myself.  I've replaced StringInfo with
> additional conds into a list of strings as I proposed before.  I think
> the code became much clearer.  Also, it gets rid of some unnecessary
> allocations.
>
> I think the code itself is not in bad shape.  But patch lacks some
> high-level description of semi-joins processing as well as comments on
> each manipulation with additional conds.  Could you please add this?

Hi. The updated patch looks better. It seems I've failed to fix logic in
deparseFromExprForRel() when tried to convert StringInfos to Lists.

I've added some comments. The most complete description of how SEMI-JOIN
is processed, is located in deparseFromExprForRel(). Unfortunately,
there seems to be no single place, describing current JOIN deparsing
logic.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Questions regarding Index AMs and natural ordering
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: brininsert optimization opportunity