Re: Locks analyze

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Locks analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2023-10-13 at 15:09 +0530, Rajesh Kumar wrote:
> How do I identify a session that is blocked?

See "wait_event_type" in "pg_stat_activity" (or see "pg_locks").

> Can blocking sessions increase idle sessions?

Only within certain limits, unless your applicaton is doing something wrong.

> I see something like waitdurarion in pg_locks..is that helpful anyway?

Yes, that means that the session has been waiting for the lock for a while.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Rajesh Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Locks analyze
От: Jean-Christophe Boggio
Сообщение: One PG process eating more than 40GB of RAM and getting killed by OOM