Re: Why are clobs always "0"

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Why are clobs always "0"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/1/19 9:31 AM, Arnie Morein wrote:
> I have tested the most recent driver in three different SQL IDEs, and
> now with an application I'm writing that uses JDBC metadata, the comment
> on a field definition also isn't available as a string value.
>
> The only thing I ever see regarding data type "text" field values are
> either a 0 or a 1; neither of which applies.
>
> So why is this happening, even from the JDBC metadata results as well?

You are going to have to be more specific:

1) You refer to clob, but the clob datatype is not supported:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/unsupported-features-sql-standard.html
So what are you referring to?

2) Comment on field definition is what exactly?

3) How are you fetching the metadata?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Alex O'Ree"
Сообщение: slow insert speeds with bytea
От: Andreas Joseph Krogh
Сообщение: Sv: Why are clobs always "0"