Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?
Дата
Список pgsql-www

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=history;f=src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c;h=4629ca27ee559086929daf437ac5e6954b1987d6

> That particular display is useful since it's easy to get to either
> the raw file contents ("blob") or the relevant commitdiffs from there.
> However, fooling with it, it seems that the blob links don't get offered
> unless the "h=" hash is the file's hash, not the commit's hash.  (gitweb
> bug?)  That might make it too hard to do, dunno.  A close second in
> usefulness would be to use the commit's hash,

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=history;f=src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c;h=a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de

It's pretty much always been this way, pointing to the most recent
relevant commit.

Originally, the server knew nothing of git refs (or CVS revision
numbers) at all. It just took information from the client about versions
of each file and shoved it into a URL, and the client code has always
pointed to the most recent revision in the relevant time period.

We could do a lot better than that now, as we know the git commit ref
for each snapshot, and the server keeps a pretty up to data mirror of
the code.

I agree it would be nice to get a history for the file for the relevant
period. I didn't really like either of your suggestions, though, because
they are showing a lot more history that I want to see.

However, there's more work there than just a line or two to change, so
it's going to take a bit of time to get right.

cheers

andrew

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Further UTF8/MIME fixes for the commitfest app