Re: 039_end_of_wal: error in "xl_tot_len zero" test

От Anton Voloshin
Тема Re: 039_end_of_wal: error in "xl_tot_len zero" test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13/05/2024 00:39, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hm.  It occurs to me that there *is* a system-specific component to
> the amount of WAL emitted during initdb: the number of locales
> that "locale -a" prints translates directly to the number of
> rows inserted into pg_collation. [...]

Yes. Another system-specific circumstance affecting WAL position is the
name length of the unix user doing initdb. I've seen 039_end_of_wal
failing consistently under user aaaaaaaa but working fine with aaaa,
both on the same machine at the same time.

To be more precise, on one particular machine under those particular
circumstances (including set of locales) it would work for any username
with length < 8 or >= 16, but would fail for length 8..15 (in bytes, not
characters, if non-ASCII usernames were used).

--
Anton Voloshin
Postgres Professional, The Russian Postgres Company

От: Wolfgang Wilhelm
Сообщение: Re: Is there any chance to get some kind of a result set sifting mechanism in Postgres?
От: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Сообщение: Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules