Re: Possible Redundancy/Performance Solution

От Dennis Muhlestein
Тема Re: Possible Redundancy/Performance Solution
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> 1) RAID1+0 to make one big volume
> 2) RAID1 for OS/apps/etc, RAID1 for database
> 3) RAID1 for OS+xlog, RAID1 for database
> 4) RAID1 for OS+popular tables, RAID1 for rest of database

Lots of good info, thanks for all the replies.  It seems to me then,
that the speed increase you'd get from raid0 is not worth the downtime
risk, even when you have multiple servers.  I'll start pricing things
out and see what options we have.

Thanks again,
Dennis

От: Matthew Wakeling
Сообщение: Re: RAID 10 Benchmark with different I/O schedulers
От: "Tarcizio Bini"
Сообщение: Query Optimization with Kruskal’s Algorithm