Not all functions in schema pg_catalog are "visible"

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Not all functions in schema pg_catalog are "visible"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I just noticed that that there are functions defined (such as pg_catalog.time(timestamp) that can only be called when
prefixedwith pg_catalog. However other functions (that are at first glance defined identically to time()) can be called
withoutprefixing them with pg_catalog.

My understanding is that time(timestamp) is there to support the various CAST ( .. ) expressions, but why isn't it
exposedas a "regular" function as well (as it seems to work just fine when being called directly)

So, just out of curiosity: how could I tell by looking at pg_proc (or other system tables) which of those functions is
"public"and which is not?

Regards
Thomas

От: akp geek
Сообщение: Re: FSM and VM file
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: disable triggers isolated to transaction only?