Re: How to get FK to use new index without restarting the database

От Eric Comeau
Тема Re: How to get FK to use new index without restarting the database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10-12-16 11:27 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Eric Comeau<ecomeau@signiant.com>  writes:
>> Is there a way force the db to re-evaluate its execution plan for a FK
>> without bouncing the DB?
>
>>    PostgreSQL 8.1.17
>
> You don't need to bounce the whole DB, but you will need to start fresh
> sessions.  We didn't add automatic invalidation of those plans until 8.3.
>
>             regards, tom lane

We confirmed that disconnecting and reconnecting resolves the issue.

Thanks to all that helped.

I replied to Tom and the list yesterday from my e-mail, but I don't see
my reply here, so it must be stuck in the ether somewhere....

Eric

От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: Index Bloat - how to tell?
От: selvi88
Сообщение: postgres performance tunning