Re: Updatable view should truncate table fields

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: Updatable view should truncate table fields
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 2011-11-08, Russell Keane <Russell.Keane@inps.co.uk> wrote:

> We can extend the table to accept more than 5 characters but the view must =
> return 5 characters.
> If we try to extend the table to accept, say, 10 characters the view will d=
> isplay 10.
> If I also cast the view field to 5 characters then any insert with more tha=
> n 5 characters still fails.
>
> Any ideas???

re-load the view and functions, they are sill defined with the char(5)
column (you'll probably yneed to drop them all (but not the table) first).

plpgsql functions are partially compiled at the time they are defined
subsequent modifictions to the datatypes in their definition will
cause errors until they are re-defined

--

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: Partitionning + Trigger and Execute not working as expected
От: Brice André
Сообщение: pg_dump : problem with grant on table columns