Re: Bad pg_dump error message

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: Bad pg_dump error message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2012-09-11, Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> wrote:

> Is the TAR format just the raw SQL commands, just tar'ed and then sent
> over the wire?  It'd be cool if there was some compressed "binary"
> backup of a database that could be easily downloaded, or even better,
> a way to just move an entire database between server instances in one
> go..  Maybe there is a tool that does that, I just don't know about it

you can stream pg_dump any way you like:
directly

pg_dump "connection-string" | psql "sonnection-string"

over ssh,

pg_dump "connection-string" | ssh newserver 'psql "sonnection-string"'

with streaming compression,

pg_dump "connection-string" | bzip2 | ssh newserver 'bunzip2 | psql "sonnection-string"'

or if i don't need an encrypted channel I use netcat for transport
(not shown)

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

От: "David Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Can a view use a schema search_path?
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Compressed binary field