Re: [HACKERS] Open the flood gates...v6.4 is tag'd...

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Open the flood gates...v6.4 is tag'd...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Thomas G. Lockhart
> OK, sorry, I was confused about which patches do what. How about
> submitting your inet/cidr NULL fixup patch for both v6.4.1 and the
> development tree?

I just submitted it to patches.  I already forget how to submit it
to 6.4.1.

> Then I would propose that we renew this discussion on general
> improvements in a short while (~ 3 weeks?) to give v6.4 time to settle
> in and me/us time to recover. Pretty tapped out from the last month of
> Postgres. But scrubbing the NULL mechanisms is on my list of interests
> for v6.5, so would like us to have a solid couple of months to work on
> it, and it sounds like Jan and others will want to contribute.

OK.  I hope we remember to go and clean out the function handlers though.
No need for the code bloat if they will never have to handle NULLs.
Perhaps they should be asserts after that for a while.

От: mummert&partner_meskesm@WestLB.de
Сообщение: Antwort: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4