Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> This may be a daft question to ask at this point in the discussion,
> but what does apt.postgresql.org buy us that a PPA doesn't?

Upgrade paths.

I don't think you can easily upgrade ubuntu while staying with whatever
currently supported version of PostgreSQL you have in production (for
extra fun make it 9.0) at the time of the ubuntu upgrade.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA