Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
>> I wonder if you could implement that as an extension given the command
>> trigger patch finds its way in.  What do you think?
>>
> Unfortunately, it does not solve my point.

[...]

> It is also reason why I mentioned about an idea that put prep-creation hook
> on a limited number of object classes only. It requires us code modification
> to maintain an opaque private between prep- and post- hooks.

In my current proposal for command triggers, the trigger procedure is
given schemaname and objectname as separate arguments.  It seems to me
easy enough to use that as a key to some data structure where the value
is any opaque data you need, and that you maintain in your extension
triggers code. You can write them in C.

I don't think schemaname+objectname fails to be unique, so I don't think
you need another kind of Oid in BEFORE creation triggers here.

--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Refactoring on DROP/ALTER SET SCHEMA/ALTER RENAME TO statement
От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates