Re: Core Extensions relocation

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Core Extensions relocation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> I'm all for removing all mention of "modules".  It's ambiguous and
> used inconsistently.

The module is the shared library object.  It should be possible to use
that consistently.  And I have some plans on my TODO list about them
anyway, so making them disappear from the manual would not serve my
later plans :)

> And auto_explain appears in your new "Core Extensions" section, but
> it's not an extension in the terminology PostgreSQL uses, so that's
> also potentially confusing.

This is a related problem, we should have a terminology for contrib
tools such as pg_standby or pg_archivecleanup, for modules like the one
you talk about, that provide new features but nothing visible from SQL,
and extensions, that are all about SQL --- and if I can work on my plans
will get even more about SQL in a near future.

It's too late for me today to contribute nice ideas here though.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: Ross Reedstrom
Сообщение: Re: feature request: auto savepoint for interactive psql when in transaction.
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Detach/attach database