Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Дата
Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>   IMHO, it's better to just have a deadline,

Well, that's the fine point we're now talking about.

I still think that we should try at making the best release possible.
And if that means including changes at beta time because that's when
someone got around to doing them, so be it — well, they should really
worth it.

So, to the question “do we want hard deadlines?” I think the answer is
“no”, to “do we need hard deadlines?”, my answer is still “no”, and to
the question “does this very change should be considered this late?” my
answer is yes.

Because it really changes the game for PostgreSQL users.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: SAVEPOINTs and COMMIT performance