Re: Quick Extensions Question

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Quick Extensions Question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Meanwhile, is it possible to have CREATE LANGUAGE internally register an
>> extension?  It's a kludge but I somehow though I'd mention it.
>
> Hmmm ... it definitely is a kluge, but ...
>
> You'd need to work out how the CREATE OR REPLACE and DROP cases would
> work.

Maybe the fever ain't gone far enough, but I'd just do nothing in the
first case and internally cascade to the extension in the second case.
In fact internally the drop case would be redirected on the extension
and the dependencies would get rid of the PL, right?

--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: WAL segments pile up during standalone mode
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Quick Extensions Question