Re: [SQL] Strange behavior

От Christophe Labouisse
Тема Re: [SQL] Strange behavior
Дата
Re: [SQL] Strange behavior  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> > Well I guess that's it since \377 in fr_FR is ÿ (ydierisis).
>
> And I suppose that sorts before, or the same as, plain y?  Oops.

Yep.

> As a temporary measure you could rebuild with USE_LOCALE turned on;
> the parser code is set up not to generate the <= clause if that's
> defined.  But we need a better solution.

Hmm that's strange I though I compiled already with locale
enabled. Here is the configure line from config.status :

# ./configure  --with-tcl --with-perl --with-odbc --with-CC=/opt/pgcc/bin/gcc --
with-CXX=/opt/pgcc/bin/g++ --enable-locale

That's should be good no ?

Anyway I'll check it again. Anyway I think that even without locale
this optimization can lead to incorrect result if you have a a field
starting with \377.

Christophe Labouisse : Cinéma, typographie, Unix
christophe.labouisse@dial.oleane.com http://www.multimania.com/gabuzo/
Le cinéma en Lumière : http://www.lumiere.org/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Brook Milligan
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] rules help
От: JT Kirkpatrick
Сообщение: filling an empty table w/ defaults defined