Re: What is xmin ?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: What is xmin ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, antonypaul24@gmail.com (Antony Paul) transmitted:
>     I read about xmin in a thread on optimistic concurrency control.
> Can you guys tell me how to interpret this value. I want to convert
> this to date format. Is it possible ?

xmin is a transaction ID number.  There is no such conversion
possible.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/ppbook/x4636.htm

It would be kind of neat if there were some table into which
transactions were logged; in that case, there would presumably be a
couple of timestamps, namely the time at which the transaction began
and the time at which the transaction ended.  There is no such table
by default.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','acm.org').
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/languages.html

От: Chris
Сообщение: DBD::Pg behavior for large queries
От: Matthew Metnetsky
Сообщение: Re: Statically linking against libpq