Re: Re: postmaster question

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Re: postmaster question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello Mitch,
>
> I have been trying to do just that and hove found that by going to my init.d
> directory and starting up the "postgresql" service helps.
>
> Now the problem seems to be that even though I have just used "pg_passwd" to
> add me as a user, I am now getting an error message back saying that:

What you need to do is 'su' to user 'postgres' and run 'createuser'.
It will ask if the new user is allowed to create databases, say yes.

Then, just log in as yourself and do:

$ createdb foo
$ psql foo

and you'll be good to go.

-Doug

От: jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL packages for Debian potato
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Re: postmaster question