Re: Extract table columns in tabular form

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Extract table columns in tabular form
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> How do you extract postgresql column names, types and comments in tabular form,
> using an SQL command?. I know they are stored in one of the system tables, but
> I don't know which.

- Table names are in pg_class

- Column names are in pg_attribute, associated to pg_class via  "where pg_attribute.attrelid = pg_class.oid"

- Comments are in pg_description...  There seem to be links to both pg_class and pg_attribute

- Type info is in pg_type, associated to pg_attribute via "atttypid"

There are attributes that you normally don't see, and "dropped"
attributes still exist in pg_attribute, so things are a tad more
complex than what I have said, but the above 4 tables should provide
you all you need...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'acm.org';
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "A. Kretschmer"
Сообщение: Re: Extract table columns in tabular form
От: Tai Huynh Phuoc
Сообщение: Insert large text to text column