Re: SELECT very slow

От PFC
Тема Re: SELECT very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> It's not the program or Java. The same program takes about 20 seconds
> with Firebird and the exactly same data.
Hm, that's still very slow (it should do it in a couple seconds like my
PC does... maybe the problem is common to postgres and firebird ?)
Try eliminating disk IO by writing a set returning function which returns
1000000 rows, something simple like just a sequence number and a text
value... if this is slow too... i don't know... do you have an antivirus
or zonealarm or something ?
Have you tried connecting from another machine ?