Re: Create Materialized View from postgresql_fdw hang

От jwiencek3
Тема Re: Create Materialized View from postgresql_fdw hang
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can probably check the size of the materialized view since they occupy physical space on disk.   Periodic checking should show increase in size

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Naveen Kumar <naveenchowdaryon@gmail.com>
Date: 4/4/24 3:08 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
Cc: pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Create Materialized View from postgresql_fdw hang

Hi Laurenz,

Thanks for responding. Most of the time I am seeing wait event, same view if I create directly in source DB, it’s quick.

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen Kumar .M,
Sr. PostgreSQL Database Administrator,
Mobile: 7755929449.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 at 8:52 PM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2024-04-04 at 15:07 +0300, Naveen Kumar wrote:
> I am trying to create a materialized view with postgresql_fdw, and it hangs for hours.
> In pg_stat_activity I am seeing wait_event_type and wait_event Extension.

Do you *always* see that wait event or only occasionally?

Occasional occurrences could be normal; in that case, it is
probably the query that takes a long time.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Naveen Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Create Materialized View from postgresql_fdw hang
От: jaya kumar
Сообщение: [MASSMAIL]Table DML status check per day