Re: Foxpro

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Foxpro
Дата
Re: Foxpro  (Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org>)
Список pgsql-general
At the most basic level, PostgreSQL is a client - server product, FoxPro is not.  It is MS Access' daddy and is very
similarin many ways (although vastly more capable in most ways.)

They are apples and oranges.  You will probably not find any comparisons.

- Ian

>>> "David Siebert" <david@eclipsecat.com> 05/03/02 09:33AM >>>
I have a wannabe programer that works for me and he my not for long, nagging
me that we should use FoxPro instead of PostgreSQL and Java.
I have tried and tried to explain this to him. I have tried to show him that
FoxPro is not mainstream anymore. He is a pain in my butt. Would anyone like
to point me to a comparison between FoxPro and PostgreSql. I can find
comparisons between DB-2 or Oracle or MySQL and Postgres but not FoxPro. I
can guess why. I hate being a dictator about things like and I have tried to
help him by saying he could do one little internal project in FoxPro but he
can not even get FoxPro to use ODBC to connect to Postgres. I do not care to
learn anymore about ODBC than what I need to hook Openoffice calc to my
database.

By the way this guy does not even know how to do a binary or to decode a BCD
date. When I asked if it FoxPro had a binary shift he told me it had lots of
keyboard funtions :(