Re: Why is it not using the other processor?

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: Why is it not using the other processor?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Linh Luong <linh.luong@computalog.com> wrote:
> My postgres is running on a dual processor.  But when I run a query and
> look at TOP and notice only one processor is being used.  And it is
> being used 100% (assuming only 1 process is active).

PostgreSQL does not use threads; there is just one backend process per
session/connection. So if there is only one session connected, only one
backend process will be active, and only one processor will be used. Your
second processor will be used as soon as there is more than one session
connected.

HTH,
Ray
--
<GRub[B]eR> JHM, jij bent echt nerd :))
<GRub[B]eR> maar wel een goeie :)

От: Joshua Jore
Сообщение: OpenBSD Trusted Path Execution (TPE) compatibility?
От: jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Сообщение: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL