Re: Pgbouncer

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: Pgbouncer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2023-11-16 06:43 +0100, Rajesh Kumar wrote:
> I am using postgres 15 in redhat openshift container. I am trying to
> configure pgbouncer.
>
> I want to know how to find in database whether the connections are from
> pgbouncer or direct connections? Or, is there any other way to monitor in
> this environment?

You can check column pg_stat_activity.client_addr if your pgbouncer and
the clients making direct connections are on different hosts.

Otherwise you can list pgbouncer's connections with SHOW SERVERS in the
admin console[1] and cross-check with pg_stat_activity.  Columns
local_addr and local_port of SHOW SERVERS matches client_addr and
client_port in pg_stat_activity.  The remaining connections in
pg_stat_activity should be from other clients and backends.

[1] https://www.pgbouncer.org/usage.html#admin-console

--
Erik