Re: Reporting bug on pgAdmin 4.3

От a
Тема Re: Reporting bug on pgAdmin 4.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey, I fixed the problem by using web pgadmin also with a upgrade to 4.3.1.

So I installed pgadmin 4.3 under the location of .\PostgreSQL\10\pgadmin, so it will start up a window instead of a web viewer.

I deleted it and re-installed the 4.3.1 and started it with web browser, the problem fixed.

Thanks for your kind reply and help!!!!

Shore

From:  "Adrian Klaver"<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>;
Date:  Wed, Jul 11, 2018 04:28 AM
To:  "a"<372660931@qq.com>;"pgsql-general"<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>;
Subject:  Re: Reporting bug on pgAdmin 4.3

On 07/10/2018 07:01 AM, a wrote:
> Hi, since I'm not with the test environment so there may be not very
> exact answers.
>
> 1, The data was set to load from oracle server at 0 am of each work day.
> There are 3 ways to determine the right results:
>      a. data from oracle server;
>      b. there is going to be a statement summary in query history;
>      c. use select count() statement
>
> 2, Yes they do all have data, but I do not have time to test them since
> I was at work. Furthermore, each time there will be differences in
> number of rows.
>
> 3, I click the top left cell in data output window, so it will select
> all the data. Paste them to excel.
>
> 4, Yep, client means psql.
>
> 5, Yes I installed pgadmin 4.3 on the server too. While executing the
> same statement on the server using remote desktop (windows), it shows
> the correct results.
>
> 6, I may do some more tests when I have time.
>
> 7, Anymore questions, please let me know

I tried to replicate using pgAdmin4 3.1 and could not. I connected to a
remote database and in the Query Tool ran a query that fetched 9733
rows. That is what showed up in the data grid. So:

1) What version of pgAdmin4 3.x are you on? If you are on 3.0 I would
suggest upgrading to 3.1 to see if that helps.

2) I suspect the reason you are seeing it on the client instance of
pgAdmin vs the server version is down to the grid not refreshing
properly while waiting on data to arrive from the server.

3) If the problem persists in 3.1 I would check/file an issue here:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/

You will need a Postgres community account to access.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Create event triger
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Open Source tool to deploy/promote PostgreSQL DDL