Re: pg_trgm module: no convertion into Trigrams on one side when comparing

От Janek Sendrowski
Тема Re: pg_trgm module: no convertion into Trigrams on one side when comparing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Amit,

Thanks for your answer.

My issue is that I still need a ranking like the similarity when comparing trigrams.
I'm working on a similarity search, which determindes similiar sentences from my table.

The usual similarity search with Trigrams and a gist bzw. gin index is to slow with my set of rows.

So I've built an Fixed Query Array. I took some sentences as pivots and calculated the distance between them and all my
sentences.
Now I can search for similiar sentences by calculating their distance to my pivots and comparing them with the
distancesI already got.
I noticed that it's a good way to use trigrams as metric distance function.

So the issue is that I have to take certain trigrams as pivots and of cource I need to store an exact ranking when
comparing.
Your method detect the rows which includes all of the trigrams you are searching for, but I still need a ranking...

something like SELECT similarity('How are your', "{" ho","how","are","re "," hi","wha","hat","at ","  a"}"::trgm);

I hope you have an idea

Janek Sendrowski

От: LPlateAndy
Сообщение: Re: expression index not used within function
От: Alexander Farber
Сообщение: Tuning 9.3 for 32 GB RAM