Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed

От Amir Rohan
Тема Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 10/02/2015 05:04 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> Amir Rohan (amir.rohan@mail.com) wrote:
>
>>> I added a blurb to the wiki about this. What about the "Mail me
>>> this message" proposed earlier? I'd be glad to help make that
>>> happen.
>>
>> I don't think anyone's really against that idea, except perhaps
>> that we need to try and avoid letting it be abused.
>>
>> Of course, someone needs to implement it.
>
> I apologize if someone already pointed this out and I missed it in
> skimming this thread, but Majordomo lets you log in (using the

I did. Although I showed how you could do it via email to majordomo.
Good to know.

> password it sent you when you subscribed to the list) and (re-)send
> an email to your own email address.
>
> (1) Click the link at the bottom of most any email; e.g.:
>
>   To make changes to your subscription:
>   http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers
>
> (2) Sign in.
>
> (3) Click on "Mailing Lists"
>
> (4) Click the right list.
>
> (5) Click on "Summary" to the right of "Message Archives".
>
> (6) Drill down (through whichever search path you find most
> convenient) to the right email, and click the link to it.
>
> (7) Click the "Mail this message" link at the bottom.

vs.

1) Click the "Send me this email" link on the page your already on.

I think that would be significantly more convenient.

> Now, perhaps this could be made more convenient, but it's not as
> bad as the process described earlier in the thread.  I've done it a
> few times, and (having found how to do it) it just takes me a
> minute to log in to Majordomo and another minute per email I want
> to receive.

The process I listed above (partly satirical) was not only about
following the procedure, but *discovering* what that procedure actually *is*.

The fact that people experience that precisely when they are motivated
to join the community for the first time is really unfortunate, and I want
it fixed. I certainly would have appreciated it when I went throught it (Last week).

The fact that you *can* do it by one semi-lengthy procedure or another
is beside the point.

> That's not to say that new mbox options would be a bad thing.
Several people who expressed the same interest, but no one has
volunteered to implement what was finally agreed on.

Amir

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Deselecting "Receive Mail" on the website ml subscribe form is broken
От: "Amir Rohan"
Сообщение: Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed