Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit

От Rainer Bauer
Тема Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Magnus Hagander" wrote:

>> - Max_connections is set to 500. I did that originally because I kept
>> seeing a message about no connection available and I thought it was
>> because I was not allocating enough connections. My machine has 2GB of RAM.
>
>There's your problem. 500 is way above what the windows version can handle. IIRC the hard max is somewhere around 200
dependingon some OS factors that we don't entirely know. I'd never recommend going above 100-150. With no more than 2Gb
ram,not above 100.

My guess is that Windows is running out of handles. Each backend uses about
150 handles. 100 Backends means 15000 handles. Depending how many other
programs are currently running the no. of startable backends will vary
depending on the total handle limit Windows imposes.

Rainer

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Connection & logging Problems
От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit