Re: Capping CPU usage?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Capping CPU usage?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Brew,

> I've been running on a virtual FreeBSD server for years from iserver,
> now
> verio.  Each user has their own apache conf, sendmail, etc. and they
> claim
> to divide up memory and cpu usage.  I am not sure if virtualFreeBSD
> is the
> same or different product and whether it would be useful for you, but
> it's
> something to consider.

Interesting idea.  Sadly for this client, they are trying to cap CPU
usage because they are short on system resources, so virtualization is
not an option.

However, it would be a possiblilty to keep in mind for other projects.

-Josh

От: Jean-Luc Lachance
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] CLUSTER command
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Odd Sort/Limit/Max Problem