initdb problems

От geek+@cmu.edu (Brian E. Gallew)
Тема initdb problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm on a RedHat6.1 box.  I've built from RC4 (all sources from
tarball).  Builds/installs just fine, but when trying to do an initdb,
I get this:
[postgres@ioport postgres]$ initdb --pglib=$PWD/lib --pgdata=$PWD/data

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=17).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating template database in /home/postgres/data/base/template1
ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'oidvector'.

ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'oidvector'.
       syntax error 12 : parse errorinitdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /home/postgres/data/base/template1

Perhaps something needs to be looked at before release...

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@cmu.edu for my public key.                            |

От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: suggestion: docs and psql
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: suggestion: docs and psql