Re: How to output psql to file AND screen/console

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: How to output psql to file AND screen/console
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2024-02-07 10:16 +0100, Edwin UY wrote:
> Is there any way for psql to output to the console AND file at the same
> time?
> \o redirect the output to the file but at the same time it suppresses the
> output to the console :(
>
> I am wanting to redirect the output to a file for the psql session for the
> SQL/SQL-script that I ran while at the same see the same output to screen.
>
> Thought I can use tee -a but I can't :(

Why not?  That was my first idea.

    $ psql | tee outfile

But the psql prompt is not printed on the console and tab completion via
readline does not work.  Maybe I'm missing something.

What does work is using \o and redirect to tee:

    $ psql finance
    psql (16.1)
    Type "help" for help.

    postgres=# \o | tee outfile
    postgres=# select now();
                  now
    -------------------------------
     2024-02-07 11:08:23.207647+01
    (1 row)

    postgres=# \q

    $ cat outfile
                  now
     2024-02-07 11:08:23.207647+01
    (1 row)

--
Erik

От: Edwin UY
Сообщение: How to output psql to file AND screen/console
От: Edwin UY
Сообщение: Re: How to output psql to file AND screen/console