Обсуждение: new functionality

new functionality

От
"frank_lupo@email.it"
Дата:
1) Rename column
2) When drop table drop aggregate sequences
3) wizard to create a view similar wizard sql query
4) plugin import wizard insert possibility to skip line

Tanks

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Il simbolo della rete ha compiuto da poco i 450 anni;
Ordina il tuo portafortuna su Airbook.it!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=347&d=13-3

Re: new functionality

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mercredi 13 Mars 2002 20:13, frank_lupo@email.it a écrit :
> 1) Rename column
This is already possible. Open the column object, rename and close.

2) When drop table drop aggregate sequences
We should only drop a sequence if it is used in one table.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: new functionality

От
Dave Page

You can. Select the column in the treeview, right-click -> Properties, type
a new name.

> 2) When drop table drop aggregate sequences

I assume you mean serial sequences? If so, then this is dangerous. A
sequence might be used in other places as well.

> 3) wizard to create a view similar wizard sql query

Yes, I've been meaning to do this. At the moment though I want to see what
Mark & Tim come up with as it looks like it will be much better than the
current wizard.

> 4) plugin import wizard insert possibility to skip line

I don't know how we could do this with the code as it is without a major
re-write, and I don't think it's worth the effort. I would suggest just
editting the source file first.

Cheers, Dave.

Re: new functionality

От
"Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd"
Дата:
> > 3) wizard to create a view similar wizard sql query
>
>Yes, I've been meaning to do this. At the moment though I want to see what
>Mark & Tim come up with as it looks like it will be much better than the
>current wizard.

<guilt> Yes. Sorry I've been inactive recently. We are working towards
selling our house and I have spent numerous hours up ladders, and bent over
things in order to get all the 'odd jobs' that are really 'many many jobs'
done so that I feel I can actually show the house to someone when they call
round. However often thinking though the issues so not given up on it! </guilt>

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk

Re: new functionality

От
"Mark A. Taff"
Дата:
Guilty as well.  I just got a new client, and a need to finish hacking out a
temporary fundraising database for them to use until a better one is built.
I've not given up either, but have had to take a week or so off to get their
project off the ground.

Mark

> > 3) wizard to create a view similar wizard sql query
>
>Yes, I've been meaning to do this. At the moment though I want to see what
>Mark & Tim come up with as it looks like it will be much better than the
>current wizard.

<guilt> Yes. Sorry I've been inactive recently. We are working towards
selling our house and I have spent numerous hours up ladders, and bent over
things in order to get all the 'odd jobs' that are really 'many many jobs'
done so that I feel I can actually show the house to someone when they call
round. However often thinking though the issues so not given up on it!
</guilt>

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk

Re: new functionality

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hey, it's all voluntary - I can't exactly give you a pay cut if you don't get the job done in 2 1/2 hours :-)

I just do what I can when I feel like it and have the time. I don't pass up paid work, or put my family out to work on
pgAdminand I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

Cheers, Dave.

> > 3) wizard to create a view similar wizard sql query
>
>Yes, I've been meaning to do this. At the moment though I want to see what
>Mark & Tim come up with as it looks like it will be much better than the
>current wizard.

<guilt> Yes. Sorry I've been inactive recently. We are working towards
selling our house and I have spent numerous hours up ladders, and bent over
things in order to get all the 'odd jobs' that are really 'many many jobs'
done so that I feel I can actually show the house to someone when they call
round. However often thinking though the issues so not given up on it!
</guilt>

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk

Re: new functionality

От
Tim Finch
Дата:
At 10:21 14/03/2002 -0800, Mark A. Taff wrote:
>Guilty as well.  I just got a new client, and a need to finish hacking out a
>temporary fundraising database for them to use until a better one is built.

Well so long as its PostgreSQL we'll let you off too Mark!!