Обсуждение: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Yurgis Baykshtis"
Дата:
Guys, I know it's not implemented in Admin3.
So, I would like to do it for myself otherwise the editor is pretty
useless at least for me since I deal with long stored functions.

I believe that Scintilla control supports search and has built-in "Find
Dialog". I see a method FindText() of the edit control that performs
actual search but I cannot find a search dialog class or any method to
call it.

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Yurgis Baykshtis wrote:

>Guys, I know it's not implemented in Admin3.
>So, I would like to do it for myself otherwise the editor is pretty
>useless at least for me since I deal with long stored functions.
>
>I believe that Scintilla control supports search and has built-in "Find
>Dialog". I see a method FindText() of the edit control that performs
>actual search but I cannot find a search dialog class or any method to
>call it.

Coming soon, stay tuned.
Regards,
Andreas

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Yurgis Baykshtis once said:
> Guys, I know it's not implemented in Admin3.
> So, I would like to do it for myself otherwise the editor is pretty
> useless at least for me since I deal with long stored functions.
>
> I believe that Scintilla control supports search and has built-in "Find
> Dialog". I see a method FindText() of the edit control that performs
> actual search but I cannot find a search dialog class or any method to
> call it.

Hi Yurgis,

Search (& replace) would be a nice additions to pgAdmin. Unfortunately
I've found the documentation on the StyledTextControl to be minimal at
best - I was often reading the source to figure it out.
I don't believe there are any dialogues implemented in it (though I may be
wrong), so I suspect your only option is to create your own and use the
FindText() function. :-(
Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:

>Search (& replace) would be a nice additions to pgAdmin. Unfortunately
>I've found the documentation on the StyledTextControl to be minimal at
>best - I was often reading the source to figure it out.
>I don't believe there are any dialogues implemented in it (though I may be
>wrong), so I suspect your only option is to create your own and use the
>FindText() function. :-(

The stc control doesn't implement the dialog, but wxWin does. Menu entry
and toolbar bitmap are already prepared, so anybody feel free to
contribute an implementation. Should be a method added to ctlSQLBox.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Yurgis Baykshtis"
Дата:
Yes, I would love to contribute.
I have a working code already based on wx Find dialog.
No whole words and regexp options though but it does the work.

Now what is the process of the code integration?
Will you give me write access to CVS?

It's rumoured that Yurgis Baykshtis once said:
> Guys, I know it's not implemented in Admin3.
> So, I would like to do it for myself otherwise the editor is pretty
> useless at least for me since I deal with long stored functions.
>
> I believe that Scintilla control supports search and has built-in
"Find
> Dialog". I see a method FindText() of the edit control that performs
> actual search but I cannot find a search dialog class or any method to
> call it.

Hi Yurgis,

Search (& replace) would be a nice additions to pgAdmin. Unfortunately
I've found the documentation on the StyledTextControl to be minimal at
best - I was often reading the source to figure it out.
I don't believe there are any dialogues implemented in it (though I may
be
wrong), so I suspect your only option is to create your own and use the
FindText() function. :-(
Regards, Dave.

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Yurgis Baykshtis"
Дата:
CVS server seems to be unavailable at this moment :(

>I have a working code already based on wx Find dialog.
>No whole words and regexp options though but it does the work.
>
>Now what is the process of the code integration?
>Will you give me write access to CVS?

Yurgis,

please send the output of "cvs diff" to Dave, and he will merge your
code to cvs.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Yurgis Baykshtis"
Дата:
Here is my contribution:

1. Custom SQL lexer registered and implemented directly in ctlSQLBox
class.
I've done this to detect AS '....' construction.
Everything inside quotes after AS will be highlighted as in regular SQL
code. Escaped quotes (\') are also detected correctly.
Now, the more preferable way to edit/update stored procedures will be
using Query window (instead of Properties dialog). So, just select a
function, click SQL on toolbar and edit the code. Once your change is
ready just click "Play" and the procedure will updated in the DB. Way
more convenient, isn't it?

2. More keywords added such as UNIUON, INNER, OUTER, etc.

3. Find Dialog. Press Ctrl-F in any SQL box to activate Find dialog.
No regular expressions though, since wx UI does not support that in its
Find dialog. Custom Find dialog needs to be implemented for that.

4. Edit Menu in Query window. I also added Edit menu to the Query
window.

RCS file: /disk1/cvsroot/pgadmin3/src/include/ctlSQLBox.h,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.5 ctlSQLBox.h
16a17
> #include <wx/fdrepdlg.h>
24a26,27
>     wxFindReplaceData m_findData;
>     wxFindReplaceDialog* m_dlgFind;
28a32,33
>     void OnFind(wxCommandEvent& event);
>     void OnFindDialog(wxFindDialogEvent& event);

RCS file: /disk1/cvsroot/pgadmin3/src/ui/frmQuery.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.16
diff -r1.16 frmQuery.cpp
104a105,108
>     editMenu->AppendSeparator();
>     editMenu->Append(MNU_FIND, wxT("&Find..."), wxT("Find"),
wxITEM_NORMAL);

>     menuBar->Append(editMenu, wxT("&Edit"));
433a438,439
>   //simply delegate this menu command to the contol
>   sqlQuery->OnFind(ev);

RCS file: /disk1/cvsroot/pgadmin3/src/ui/ctlSQLBox.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -r1.7 ctlSQLBox.cpp
18a19,32
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <ctype.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdarg.h>
>
> #include "Platform.h"
> #include "PropSet.h"
> #include "Accessor.h"
> #include "KeyWords.h"
> #include "Scintilla.h"
> #include "SciLexer.h"
>
> #include "menu.h"
22c36
<         CASE CAST CHECKPOINT CLASS CLOSE CLUSTER COMMENT COMMIT
CONVERSION CONSTRAINT COPY CREATE CURSOR \
---
>         CASCADE CASE CAST CHECKPOINT CLASS CLOSE CLUSTER COMMENT
COMMIT CONVERSION CONSTRAINT COPY CREATE CURSOR \
25,26c39,40
<         HAVING ILIKE IMMUTABLE IN INDEX INSERT INTO IS JOIN KEY
LANGUAGE LIKE LISTEN LOAD LOCK MOVE NOT NOTIFY NULL \
<         OIDS ON OPERATOR OPTION OR ORDER PREPARE PRIMARY PROCEDURE
REINDEX REPLACE RESET RETURN RETURNS REVOKE ROLLBACK ROW RULE \
---
>         HAVING ILIKE IMMUTABLE IN INDEX INNER INSERT INTO IS JOIN KEY
LANGUAGE LIKE LISTEN LOAD LOCK MOVE NOT NOTIFY NULL \
>         OIDS ON OPERATOR OPTION OR ORDER OUTER PREPARE PRIMARY
PROCEDURE REINDEX REFERENCES REPLACE RESET RETURN RETURNS REVOKE
ROLLBACK ROW RULE \
28c42,214
<         UNLISTEN UPDATE USING VACUUM VALUES VIEW VOLATILE WHEN WHERE
WITH WITHOUT")
---
>         UNION UNLISTEN UPDATE USING VACUUM VALUES VIEW VOLATILE WHEN
WHERE WITH WITHOUT")

> static void classifyWordSQL(unsigned int start, unsigned int end,
WordList &keywords, Accessor &styler, wxString& lastWord) {
>     char s[100];
>     bool wordIsNumber = isdigit(styler[start]) || (styler[start] ==
'.');
>     for (unsigned int i = 0; i < end - start + 1 && i < 30; i++) {
>         s[i] = static_cast<char>(toupper(styler[start + i]));
>         s[i + 1] = '\0';
>     }
>   lastWord = s;
>     char chAttr = SCE_C_IDENTIFIER;
>     if (wordIsNumber)
>         chAttr = SCE_C_NUMBER;
>     else {
>     if (keywords.InList(s))
>             chAttr = SCE_C_WORD;
>     }
>     styler.ColourTo(end, chAttr);
> }
>
> static void ColouriseSQLDoc(unsigned int startPos, int length,
>                             int initStyle, WordList *keywordlists[],
Accessor &styler) {

>     WordList &keywords = *keywordlists[0];
>
>     styler.StartAt(startPos);
>
>     bool fold = styler.GetPropertyInt("fold") != 0;
>     int lineCurrent = styler.GetLine(startPos);
>     int spaceFlags = 0;
>
>     wxString lastWord;
>
>     int state = initStyle;
>
>   bool bInFunctionDefinition;
>     if (lineCurrent > 0) {
>         styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent,
styler.GetLineState(lineCurrent-1));
>         bInFunctionDefinition =
(styler.GetLineState(lineCurrent) == 1);
>     } else {
>         styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent, 0);
>         bInFunctionDefinition = false;
>     }
>
>     char chPrev = ' ';
>     char chNext = styler[startPos];
>     styler.StartSegment(startPos);
>     unsigned int lengthDoc = startPos + length;
>     for (unsigned int i = startPos; i < lengthDoc; i++) {
>         char ch = chNext;
>         chNext = styler.SafeGetCharAt(i + 1);
>
>         if ((ch == '\r' && chNext != '\n') || (ch == '\n')) {
>             int indentCurrent =
styler.IndentAmount(lineCurrent, &spaceFlags);
>             int lev = indentCurrent;
>             if (!(indentCurrent & SC_FOLDLEVELWHITEFLAG)) {
>                 // Only non whitespace lines can be
headers
>                 int indentNext =
styler.IndentAmount(lineCurrent + 1, &spaceFlags);
>                 if (indentCurrent < (indentNext &
~SC_FOLDLEVELWHITEFLAG)) {
>                     lev |= SC_FOLDLEVELHEADERFLAG;
>                 }
>             }
>             if (fold) {
>                 styler.SetLevel(lineCurrent, lev);
>             }
>             lineCurrent++;
>             styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent,
(bInFunctionDefinition? 1 : 0));
>         }
>
>         if (styler.IsLeadByte(ch)) {
>             chNext = styler.SafeGetCharAt(i + 2);
>             chPrev = ' ';
>             i += 1;
>             continue;
>         }
>
>         if (state == SCE_C_DEFAULT) {
>             if (iswordstart(ch)) {
>                 styler.ColourTo(i - 1, state);
>                 state = SCE_C_WORD;
>             } else if (ch == '/' && chNext == '*') {
>                 styler.ColourTo(i - 1, state);
>                 state = SCE_C_COMMENT;
>             } else if (ch == '-' && chNext == '-') {
>                 styler.ColourTo(i - 1, state);
>                 state = SCE_C_COMMENTLINE;
>             } else if (ch == '\'') {
>                 styler.ColourTo(i - 1, state);
>                 if (bInFunctionDefinition && chPrev !=
'\\') {
>                     bInFunctionDefinition = false;
>                     styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent,
0);
>                 } else if (!bInFunctionDefinition &&
lastWord.IsSameAs("AS", false)) {
>                     bInFunctionDefinition = true;
>                     styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent,
1);
>                 } else {
>                     state = SCE_C_STRING;
>                     if (chPrev == '\\') {
>                         styler.ColourTo(i - 1,
state);
>                     }
>                 }
>             } else if (isoperator(ch)) {
>                 styler.ColourTo(i - 1, state);
>                 styler.ColourTo(i, SCE_C_OPERATOR);
>             }
>         } else if (state == SCE_C_WORD) {
>             if (!iswordchar(ch)) {

classifyWordSQL(styler.GetStartSegment(), i - 1, keywords, styler,
lastWord);
>                 state = SCE_C_DEFAULT;
>                 if (ch == '/' && chNext == '*') {
>                     state = SCE_C_COMMENT;
>                 } else if (ch == '-' && chNext == '-') {
>                     state = SCE_C_COMMENTLINE;
>                 } else if (ch == '\'') {
>                     state = SCE_C_STRING;
>                 } else if (isoperator(ch)) {
>                     styler.ColourTo(i,
SCE_C_OPERATOR);
>                 }
>             }
>         } else {
>             if (state == SCE_C_COMMENT) {
>                 if (ch == '/' && chPrev == '*') {
>                     if (((i >
(styler.GetStartSegment() + 2)) || ((initStyle == SCE_C_COMMENT) &&
>                         (styler.GetStartSegment() ==
startPos)))) {
>                         styler.ColourTo(i,
state);
>                         state = SCE_C_DEFAULT;
>                     }
>                 }
>             } else if (state == SCE_C_COMMENTLINE) {
>                 if (ch == '\r' || ch == '\n') {
>                     styler.ColourTo(i - 1, state);
>                     state = SCE_C_DEFAULT;
>                 }
>             } else if (state == SCE_C_STRING) {
>                 if (ch == '\'') {
>                     if ( chNext == '\'' ) {
>                         i++;
>                     } else {
>                         styler.ColourTo(i,
state);
>                         state = SCE_C_DEFAULT;
>                         i++;
>                     }
>                     ch = chNext;
>                     chNext = styler.SafeGetCharAt(i
+ 1);
>                 }
>             }
>             if (state == SCE_C_DEFAULT) {    // One of the
above succeeded
>                 if (ch == '/' && chNext == '*') {
>                     state = SCE_C_COMMENT;
>                 } else if (ch == '-' && chNext == '-') {
>                     state = SCE_C_COMMENTLINE;
>                 } else if (ch == '\'') {
>                   if (bInFunctionDefinition && chPrev !=
'\\') {
>                       bInFunctionDefinition = false;

styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent, 0);
>                   } else if (!bInFunctionDefinition &&
lastWord.IsSameAs("AS", false)) {
>                       bInFunctionDefinition = true;
>                     styler.SetLineState(lineCurrent,
1);
>                     } else {
>                         state = SCE_C_STRING;
>                     }
>                 } else if (iswordstart(ch)) {
>                     state = SCE_C_WORD;
>                 } else if (isoperator(ch)) {
>                     styler.ColourTo(i,
SCE_C_OPERATOR);
>                 }
>             }
>         }
>         chPrev = ch;
>     }
>     styler.ColourTo(lengthDoc - 1, state);
> }
>
> LexerModule lmPostgreSQL(SCLEX_AUTOMATIC, ColouriseSQLDoc, "sql");
32a219,224
>     EVT_MENU(MNU_FIND,ctlSQLBox::OnFind)
>     EVT_FIND(-1, ctlSQLBox::OnFindDialog)
>     EVT_FIND_NEXT(-1, ctlSQLBox::OnFindDialog)
>     EVT_FIND_REPLACE(-1, ctlSQLBox::OnFindDialog)
>     EVT_FIND_REPLACE_ALL(-1, ctlSQLBox::OnFindDialog)
>     EVT_FIND_CLOSE(-1, ctlSQLBox::OnFindDialog)
37c229,230
< : wxStyledTextCtrl(parent,id , pos, size, style)
---
> : wxStyledTextCtrl(parent,id , pos, size, style),
>   m_dlgFind(NULL)
81c274
<     SetLexer(wxSTC_LEX_SQL);
---
>     SetLexer(lmPostgreSQL.GetLanguage());
83a277,282

>     wxAcceleratorEntry entries[1];
>     entries[0].Set(wxACCEL_CTRL,                (int)'F',
MNU_FIND);
>     wxAcceleratorTable accel(1, entries);
>     SetAcceleratorTable(accel);
>     m_findData.SetFlags(wxFR_DOWN);
89a289,291
>   if (event.m_controlDown && event.m_keyCode == 'F') {
>     //allow Ctrl-F accelerator
>   } else {
91a294
>   }
94a298,357
> void ctlSQLBox::OnFind(wxCommandEvent& ev)
> {
>     if (!m_dlgFind) {
>         wxFindReplaceDialog* m_dlgFind = new wxFindReplaceDialog(this,
&m_findData, _T("Find"), 0);
>         m_dlgFind->Show(TRUE);
>     }
> }
>
> void ctlSQLBox::OnFindDialog(wxFindDialogEvent& event)
> {
>     wxEventType type = event.GetEventType();
>
>     if ( type == wxEVT_COMMAND_FIND || type == wxEVT_COMMAND_FIND_NEXT
)
>     {
>         int flags = 0;
>         if (event.GetFlags() & wxFR_MATCHCASE) {
>           flags |= SCFIND_MATCHCASE;
>         }
>         if (event.GetFlags() & wxFR_WHOLEWORD) {
>           flags |= SCFIND_WHOLEWORD;
>         }
>         int startPos = GetSelectionStart();
>         int endPos = SendMsg(SCI_GETTEXTLENGTH, 0, 0);
>         if (event.GetFlags() & wxFR_DOWN) {
>           startPos += 1;
>         } else {
>           endPos = 0;
>           startPos -= 1;
>         }
>
>         int pos = FindText(startPos, endPos,
event.GetFindString().c_str(), flags);
>         if (pos >= 0) {
>           SetSelectionStart(pos);
>           SetSelectionEnd(pos + event.GetFindString().Length());
>           EnsureCaretVisible();
>         } else {
>           wxMessageBox(wxT("Reached end of the document"),
>                        wxT("Find"),
>                        wxICON_EXCLAMATION | wxOK, this);
>         }
>     }
>     else if ( type == wxEVT_COMMAND_FIND_REPLACE ||
>                 type == wxEVT_COMMAND_FIND_REPLACE_ALL )
>     {
>           wxMessageBox(wxT("Not implemented"),
>                        wxT("Find"),
>                        wxICON_EXCLAMATION | wxOK, this);
>     }
>     else if ( type == wxEVT_COMMAND_FIND_CLOSE )
>     {
>         wxFindReplaceDialog *dlg = event.GetDialog();
>         m_dlgFind = NULL;
>         dlg->Destroy();
>     }
>     else
>     {
>         wxLogError(wxT("Unknown find dialog event!"));
>     }
> }

97a361,365
>     if (m_dlgFind) {
>         m_dlgFind->Destroy();
>         m_dlgFind = NULL;
>     }

98a367,368

>I have a working code already based on wx Find dialog.
>No whole words and regexp options though but it does the work.
>
>Now what is the process of the code integration?
>Will you give me write access to CVS?

Yurgis,

please send the output of "cvs diff" to Dave, and he will merge your
code to cvs.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Yurgis Baykshtis once said:
> Yes, I would love to contribute.
> I have a working code already based on wx Find dialog.
> No whole words and regexp options though but it does the work.

Great :-)

> Now what is the process of the code integration?

Please provide a patch against the current CVS code, preferrably in diff
-c format. Any new files can be sent as they are.
> Will you give me write access to CVS?

CVS write access may be given once we're happy that you consistently
produce good quality work on a regular basis. As I'm sure you appreciate,
we need to make sure that the CVS code is kept good at all times, and
access must be tightly controlled for obvious security reasons.
Regards, Dave.

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Hi Yurgis,

I committed most of your work to cvs.

>Here is my contribution:
>
>1. Custom SQL lexer registered and implemented directly in ctlSQLBox
>class.

Since the custom lexer isn't unicode clean, it's still commented out.
Please fix it, using wxString::ToAscii and wxString::FromAscii.
wxScintilla seems to use a mixture of ansi and unicode, not very healthy...

>I've done this to detect AS '....' construction.
>Everything inside quotes after AS will be highlighted as in regular SQL
>code. Escaped quotes (\') are also detected correctly.
>Now, the more preferable way to edit/update stored procedures will be
>using Query window (instead of Properties dialog). So, just select a
>function, click SQL on toolbar and edit the code. Once your change is
>ready just click "Play" and the procedure will updated in the DB. Way
>more convenient, isn't it?

I'd be working the same way, because I like to have stored my work into
files. There's still one advantage of using the properties dialog: There
are less quotes. Please check if highlighting is there correct too.

>2. More keywords added such as UNIUON, INNER, OUTER, etc.

There will always be one missing... :-)

>3. Find Dialog. Press Ctrl-F in any SQL box to activate Find dialog.
>No regular expressions though, since wx UI does not support that in its
>Find dialog. Custom Find dialog needs to be implemented for that.

Do you miss regex?

>4. Edit Menu in Query window. I also added Edit menu to the Query
>window.

Oops, that line got lost. We now also have a toolbar button for find.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
"Yurgis Baykshtis"
Дата:
> Since the custom lexer isn't unicode clean, it's still commented out.
> Please fix it, using wxString::ToAscii and wxString::FromAscii.
> wxScintilla seems to use a mixture of ansi and unicode, not very
healthy...

Ok, I will make that change. Do you need a diff from the same version I
used before, or from what you just committed?

> There will always be one missing... :-)

Yeah, I simply added the ones I saw unhighlighted in my functions. There
more for sure.

> Please check if highlighting is there correct too.

I believe anything between \'...\' is highlighted as a string in the
custom lexer implementation.

> Do you miss regex?

No, I don't. :)

>1. Custom SQL lexer registered and implemented directly in ctlSQLBox
>class.

Since the custom lexer isn't unicode clean, it's still commented out.
Please fix it, using wxString::ToAscii and wxString::FromAscii.
wxScintilla seems to use a mixture of ansi and unicode, not very
healthy...

>I've done this to detect AS '....' construction.
>Everything inside quotes after AS will be highlighted as in regular SQL
>code. Escaped quotes (\') are also detected correctly.
>Now, the more preferable way to edit/update stored procedures will be
>using Query window (instead of Properties dialog). So, just select a
>function, click SQL on toolbar and edit the code. Once your change is
>ready just click "Play" and the procedure will updated in the DB. Way
>more convenient, isn't it?

I'd be working the same way, because I like to have stored my work into
files. There's still one advantage of using the properties dialog: There

are less quotes. Please check if highlighting is there correct too.

>2. More keywords added such as UNIUON, INNER, OUTER, etc.

There will always be one missing... :-)

>3. Find Dialog. Press Ctrl-F in any SQL box to activate Find dialog.
>No regular expressions though, since wx UI does not support that in its
>Find dialog. Custom Find dialog needs to be implemented for that.

Do you miss regex?

>4. Edit Menu in Query window. I also added Edit menu to the Query
>window.

Oops, that line got lost. We now also have a toolbar button for find.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Yurgis Baykshtis wrote:

>Ok, I will make that change. Do you need a diff from the same version I
>used before, or from what you just committed?

Please diff always from the latest cvs. Since I already made some fixes,
please checkout first.

Regards,
Andreas