Обсуждение: Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting dat

Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting dat

От
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Godshall Michael wrote:
>
>> I use linux at home and would test it there if I can get pgadminIII
>> installed on it.  Last time I tried it failed because I did not have
>> ssl and crypto so.4 libraries.  My Redhat 8.0 box has versions so.2.
>> Maybe I downloaded the wrong version of pgadminIII.
>>

> Adam,
>
> can't we link ssl and crypto static too? Alternatively, we'd have to
> distribute non-SSL versions too..

I'm not sure I follow.

ahp

Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting dat

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Godshall Michael wrote:
>>
>>> I use linux at home and would test it there if I can get pgadminIII
>>> installed on it.  Last time I tried it failed because I did not have
>>> ssl and crypto so.4 libraries.  My Redhat 8.0 box has versions
>>> so.2.  Maybe I downloaded the wrong version of pgadminIII.
>>>

>> Adam,
>>
>> can't we link ssl and crypto static too? Alternatively, we'd have to
>> distribute non-SSL versions too..
>>
> I'm not sure I follow.

Hi Adam,

obviously the Redhat binary distribution needs dynamically linked
libcrypto and libssl. IMHO we should spend the additional 10kb and have
both libs statically linked to pgAdmin3, to avoid these dependencies. Or
did Jean-Michel just forget to use --enable-static when building?

AFAIR we confirmed that by default dynamic linking should be used, while
our binary distributions should be as static as possible to minimize
dependencies.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting dat

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Vendredi 3 Octobre 2003 17:52, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> Or did Jean-Michel just forget to use --enable-static when building?

No, the packages use %configure --enable-debug --enable-static
--with-wx-config=%{withwxconfig}. And I can confirm that the SSL combo does
not display under RedHat 9.

Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting

От
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> obviously the Redhat binary distribution needs dynamically linked
> libcrypto and libssl. IMHO we should spend the additional 10kb and
> have both libs statically linked to pgAdmin3, to avoid these
> dependencies. Or did Jean-Michel just forget to use --enable-static
> when building?
>
> AFAIR we confirmed that by default dynamic linking should be used,
> while our binary distributions should be as static as possible to
> minimize dependencies.

Okay, I will take a look at this again and see if the --disable-shared
flag can statically link as much as possible.

ahp

Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Vendredi 3 Octobre 2003 17:52, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
>

>>Or did Jean-Michel just forget to use --enable-static when building?
>>

>No, the packages use %configure --enable-debug --enable-static
>--with-wx-config=%{withwxconfig}. And I can confirm that the SSL combo does
>not display under RedHat 9.

So that distri isn't compiled for SSL.

Michael, did you use said binary package? If not, which did you use?

If Michael really did use that RH9 package, this would mean that
libcrypto and libssl are linked, but pgAdmin3 is SSL-disabled. This
certainly wouldn't make sense.

So if SSL is not defined, the ssl libs may not be linked to it either.

Regards,
Andreas