Обсуждение: Website RTL support

Website RTL support

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear Abbas,

After our last discussion, I implemented RTL support on the Web site. This
will allow you to read the Persian translation in the right direction! It may
also be used for Arabic display too...

There is now a seperate CSS style sheet for RTL languages, which was modified
in consequence. I did not find any easier way to arrive to a result.

There are still problems when mixing English and Persian text together. For
example, the Translation page is broken (in Persian only). But there may be
here and there other problems.

When you have time, could you have a quick look at the site on
http://www.pgadmin.org and report problems?

Also, do you know any experienced developer with good knowledge in RTL
support. This would help, I am a little bit lost with dual-text display
(translated and non-translated).

A copy of this email is being sent to Ossama Khayat <okhayat@yahoo.com> in
case he can give some advice.

Thanks for your help,
Best regards, Jean-Michel

Re: Website RTL support

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>There are still problems when mixing English and Persian text together. For
>example, the Translation page is broken (in Persian only). But there may be
>here and there other problems.

)-: ecin etiuq skool tahT

,sdrageR
saerdnA

Re: Website RTL support

От
Ossama Khayat
Дата:
--- Jean-Michel POURE <jm@poure.com> wrote:
[snip]
> There are still problems when mixing English and
> Persian text together. For
> example, the Translation page is broken (in Persian
> only). But there may be
> here and there other problems.
[...]
> Also, do you know any experienced developer with
> good knowledge in RTL
> support. This would help, I am a little bit lost
> with dual-text display
> (translated and non-translated).
>
> A copy of this email is being sent to Ossama Khayat
> <okhayat@yahoo.com> in
> case he can give some advice.

You should remove all occurences of 'unicode-bidi:
bidi-override', because it makes _all_ text appear
from RTL which is wrong. As you see, even English text
(LTR) is displayed as RTL and it's totally wrong.
Using the 'direction: rtl' is enough.

regards,
Ossama Khayat

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: Website RTL support

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Lundi 01 Décembre 2003 23:53, Ossama Khayat a écrit :
> You should remove all occurences of 'unicode-bidi:
> bidi-override', because it makes _all_ text appear
> from RTL which is wrong. As you see, even English text
> (LTR) is displayed as RTL and it's totally wrong.
> Using the 'direction: rtl' is enough.

Dear Ossama and Abbas,

I brooded this over during the night and came to the same conclusion... The
lang tag should be defined to 'en' for English text and 'fa' for Persian.
Direction:rtl makes it for RTL languages, not English.

Andreas and Dave: Ossama nearly completed the Arabic translation. That's a
very good news for pgAdmin!!!

Now, Ossama needs support as he cannot connect to the server locally with
pgAdmin3, only with pgsql which works well. We modified the postgresql.conf
and pg_hba.conf entries, nothing happens.

sknaht ! Bye, Jean-Michel

Re: Website RTL support

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Ossama,

What happens if you run the following command from a command prompt on
your workstation:

% telnet 127.0.0.1 5432

And then hit return a couple of times? You should see something like:

LOG:  invalid length of startup packet

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website RTL support

От
Ossama Khayat
Дата:
--- Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:
[SNIP]
> What happens if you run the following command from a
> command prompt on
> your workstation:
>
> % telnet 127.0.0.1 5432

I tried that before, and now again. It gives:
Connection refused.
Still, if i use: psql test
it logs me in.

Ossama

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: Website RTL support

От
"Dave Page"

OK, that means the server is not listening on the tcp socket. Can you
try searching for postgresql.conf files please - perhaps you are not
using the database cluster you think you are. This is quite easy to do
if (for example) you installed from source onto a system that
preinstalled an RPM distro.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website RTL support

От
"Dave Page"

If you've enabled tcpip_sockets in the config files then that should be
enough. I have not used fedora's RPM though, so I don't know where it
installs everything. Can you try running:

find / -name postgresql.conf

On the system please?

Regards, Dave.

PS, my config files are standard apart from the tcp/ip sockets option on
my test system.

Re: Website RTL support

От
Ossama Khayat
Дата:
--- Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:
[SNIP]
> OK, that means the server is not listening on the
> tcp socket. Can you
> try searching for postgresql.conf files please -
> perhaps you are not
> using the database cluster you think you are. This
> is quite easy to do
> if (for example) you installed from source onto a
> system that
> preinstalled an RPM distro.

I'm using Fedora's pgSQL server. I also enabled the
tcpip_socket as Jean-Michel told me.
I have an idea. Why don't you send me the config
files? maybe I'm missing something.

thanks,
Ossama

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: Website RTL support

От
Ossama Khayat
Дата:
--- Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:
[..]
> If you've enabled tcpip_sockets in the config files
> then that should be
> enough. I have not used fedora's RPM though, so I
> don't know where it
> installs everything. Can you try running:
>
> find / -name postgresql.conf

/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf (I enabled the
tcpip_sockets here)
/etc/raddb/postgresql.conf (which has the following:
#       Id: postgresql.conf,v 1.8.2.11 2003/07/15
11:15:43 pnixon Exp $
#  Configuration for the SQL module, when using
Postgresql.
#  The database schema is available at:
#src/radiusd/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_postgresql/db_postgresql.sql
)

Ossama

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: Website RTL support

От
"Dave Page"

OK, no problem there. The second file is from your radius server I
believe.

I don't suppose you have Shorewall or any other firewalling software
installed do you? Also, I assume PostgreSQL has been restarted since the
config file was editted?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website RTL support

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mardi 02 Décembre 2003 18:40, Ossama Khayat a écrit :
> I tried that before, and now again. It gives:
> Connection refused.
> Still, if i use: psql test
> it logs me in.

Dear Ossama,

Can you send me your /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf and /var/lib/pgsql/data/
postgresql.conf. Then, we can discuss using instant messaging...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel