Обсуждение: Another MacOS install attempt

Another MacOS install attempt

От
David Hustace
Дата:
I really have tried to resolve this issue googling and searching the
list...

I have successfully compiled and installed
wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010-7 and postgresql-7.4.2.  My configure error
looks like other posts I have seen but the resolutions I haven't been
able to match:

./configure --enable-static --enable-debug --with-pgsql=/usr/local
checking pgsql in /usr/local... failed
configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

I have postgresql installed in /usr/local/pgsql.  I have tried creating
symbolic links to /usr/local for lib and include and bin from under
/usr/local/pgsql to no avail.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Panther 10.3.3

-D

Re: Another MacOS install attempt

От
Andreas Pflug

> configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
> --with-pgsql=DIR
>
> I have postgresql installed in /usr/local/pgsql. I have tried creating
> symbolic links to /usr/local for lib and include and bin from under
> /usr/local/pgsql to no avail. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Well obviously you need to specify --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Another MacOS install attempt

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
David Hustace wrote:

> I appreciate the reply... I should have detailed that I had tried that
> and every other combination that seemed to make sense to me.  Can you
> tell me what the configure script is looking for when this error is
> thrown?  I can't really see anything in the config.log file other than
> an "exit 1" that shows it had a problem.

David,
please do not email privately use the list. I'm not too familiar with
configure internals either.
Maybe some other lib is missing. configure creates a small source, and
tries to compile/link it. If that fails, the pgsql path is considered
wrong. Sometimes, other reasons are causing this problem.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Another MacOS install attempt

От
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Дата:
David Hustace wrote:

> I really have tried to resolve this issue googling and searching the
> list...
>
> I have successfully compiled and installed
> wxWindows-pgAdmin3-20031010-7 and postgresql-7.4.2.  My configure
> error looks like other posts I have seen but the resolutions I haven't
> been able to match:
>
> ./configure --enable-static --enable-debug --with-pgsql=/usr/local
> checking pgsql in /usr/local... failed
> configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
> --with-pgsql=DIR
>
> I have postgresql installed in /usr/local/pgsql.  I have tried
> creating symbolic links to /usr/local for lib and include and bin from
> under /usr/local/pgsql to no avail.  Any help or ideas would be
> appreciated.
>
> Panther 10.3.3

Try looking in the config.log that configure generates to see if you can
tell why it's failing.  If you can't find, try posting your config.log
to the list and I will take a look at it.

ahp

Re: Another MacOS install attempt

От
David Hustace
Дата:
On Mar 18, 2004, at 9:38 AM, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Try looking in the config.log that configure generates to see if you
> can tell why it's failing.  If you can't find, try posting your
> config.log to the list and I will take a look at it.

I didn't see anything that gave me a clue... but here it is:

Thank you, Adam.

Вложения

Re: Another MacOS install attempt

От
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Дата:
David Hustace wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2004, at 9:38 AM, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:
>
>> Try looking in the config.log that configure generates to see if you
>> can tell why it's failing.  If you can't find, try posting your
>> config.log to the list and I will take a look at it.
>

> I didn't see anything that gave me a clue... but here it is:

The error is here:

configure:4603: checking for PQexec in -lpq
configure:4634: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O0  -DSSL
-I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lpq
/usr/local/lib/libpq.a -lcrypt  -lssl -lcrypto >&5
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt

I'm working on building pgAdmin3 on my Panther box right now, so I'll
post some patches to fix this in a bit.

ahp

Re: Another MacOS install attempt

От
David Hustace
Дата:
On Mar 18, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> For now you can try dropping --enable-static and see how that works.

I get this error during make all:

lssl -lcrypto -lpq
ld: Undefined symbols:

Should I wait for your patch?