Обсуждение: compilation errors: wrong actions

compilation errors: wrong actions

От
Diego Gil
Дата:
Hi,

I noticed that refresh button and refresh menu item (F5) are connected
to delete object action. Delete object button and menu item too, as
should be.

Trying to make a New Connection aborts pgadmin3 without any chance to
cancel.

Regards,
Diego.

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
hi!

i successfully configured and compiled pgadmin from a fresh svn checkout
today, without the errors diego had mentioned. i would, however, like to
confirm his report about the delete-instead-of-refresh bug. it's alive
and kicking :)

cheers,

Diego Gil wrote:
> I noticed that refresh button and refresh menu item (F5) are connected
> to delete object action. Delete object button and menu item too, as
> should be.
>
> Trying to make a New Connection aborts pgadmin3 without any chance to
> cancel.

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions

От
Diego Gil
Дата:
After receiving Miha's email, I make a fresh svn checkout and get
exactly same errors mentioned earlier.

I am using Fedora Core 4 linux and wxWidgets-2.6.1.

If Miha can compile OK, maybe is something about FC4 compiler ?.

Regards,
Diego.

El mié, 17-08-2005 a las 09:54 +0200, Miha Radej escribió:
> hi!
>
> i successfully configured and compiled pgadmin from a fresh svn checkout
> today, without the errors diego had mentioned. i would, however, like to
> confirm his report about the delete-instead-of-refresh bug. it's alive
> and kicking :)
>
> cheers,
>
> Diego Gil wrote:
> > I noticed that refresh button and refresh menu item (F5) are connected
> > to delete object action. Delete object button and menu item too, as
> > should be.
> >
> > Trying to make a New Connection aborts pgadmin3 without any chance to
> > cancel.

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions

От
Andreas Pflug
Diego Gil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that refresh button and refresh menu item (F5) are connected
> to delete object action. Delete object button and menu item too, as
> should be.

Calling form->Refresh() instead of form->ExecDrop() did the job, surprise!

Regards,
Andreas

Diego Gil wrote:
> After receiving Miha's email, I make a fresh svn checkout and get
> exactly same errors mentioned earlier.
>
> I am using Fedora Core 4 linux and wxWidgets-2.6.1.
>
> If Miha can compile OK, maybe is something about FC4 compiler ?.

I'd guess this is with gcc4. It won't like OnAction protected. The next
checkin will have it public, hope that helps.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions

От
Diego Gil
Andreas:

after a new checkout, new errors appears :

.
.
.
.
./src/include/pgUser.h:18: warning: 'class pgUserFactory' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor
../src/agent/include/pgaJob.h:19: warning: 'class pgaJobFactory' has
virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
./schema/pgServer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
pgServer::ShowTreeDetail(ctlTree*, frmMain*, ctlListView*, ctlSQLBox*)':
./schema/pgServer.cpp:738: error: 'groupRoleFactory' was not declared in
this scope
./schema/pgServer.cpp:739: error: 'loginRoleFactory' was not declared in
this scope
make[2]: *** [pgServer.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dags/desarrollo/pgadmin3/pgadmin3/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dags/desarrollo/pgadmin3/pgadmin3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

If you want it, I can make some tests or trials on my Fedore Core 4
notebook. Just let me know what to do.

Regards,
Diego.

Diego Gil wrote:
> Andreas:
>
> after a new checkout, new errors appears :
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ./src/include/pgUser.h:18: warning: 'class pgUserFactory' has virtual
> functions but non-virtual destructor

These are all bullsh*t. Factories are never deleted.
> ../src/agent/include/pgaJob.h:19: warning: 'class pgaJobFactory' has
> virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
> ./schema/pgServer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
> pgServer::ShowTreeDetail(ctlTree*, frmMain*, ctlListView*, ctlSQLBox*)':
> ./schema/pgServer.cpp:738: error: 'groupRoleFactory' was not declared in
> this scope
> ./schema/pgServer.cpp:739: error: 'loginRoleFactory' was not declared in
> this scope

Yup, I broke *ix compilation because I didn't checkin the new role
files. These aren't fully tested, will take some days to do that.
To fix temporarily, simply use the previous pgServer.cpp.
This is the advantage of the new factory architecture: only pgServer
knows it might have role childs, the rest of pgAdmin is completely role
agnostic.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions

От
Diego Gil
Andreas:

I got previous version of pgServer.cpp and now pgadmin3 compiles ok.

Refresh action is fixed but still there are these "bugs ?":

. I can't add a new connection. When try, pgadmin3 crash or exit without
any notice or error.

. I can't change log or any other options. i.e: I set logging to debug
level and exit program. When started pgadmin3 again, options changes
don't show up. Options changes don't persist.

Diego Gil wrote:

> . I can't add a new connection. When try, pgadmin3 crash or exit without
> any notice or error.

Fixed now.

> . I can't change log or any other options. i.e: I set logging to debug
> level and exit program. When started pgadmin3 again, options changes
> don't show up. Options changes don't persist.

Can't reproduce this; might have been fixed en passant.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions SOLVED

От
Diego Gil
Andreas:

El dom, 21-08-2005 a las 12:26 +0000, Andreas Pflug escribió:
> Diego Gil wrote:
>

> > . I can't add a new connection. When try, pgadmin3 crash or exit without
> > any notice or error.
>
> Fixed now.

OK. tested.

> > . I can't change log or any other options. i.e: I set logging to debug
> > level and exit program. When started pgadmin3 again, options changes
> > don't show up. Options changes don't persist.
>
> Can't reproduce this; might have been fixed en passant.

fixed too.

I am gettting :

2005-08-21 22:01:35 ERROR  : Column not found in pgSetBase: rolinherit

but I guess it is something about "work in progress" roles support.
Other tested functions work ok.

Thanks. In this week I will update spanish translation. I have been a
little busy.

Regards.
Diego.

Diego Gil wrote:

>I am gettting :
>
>2005-08-21 22:01:35 ERROR  : Column not found in pgSetBase: rolinherit

You're probably using an outdated 8.1

Regards,
Andreas

Re: compilation errors: wrong actions SOLVED

От
Diego Gil
Дата:
I will update postgresql then.