Обсуждение: focus problem reported at debian.org

focus problem reported at debian.org

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hi Andreas, Dave,

I'm just about to work on pgadmin3 1.4.2 packaging. Would it be possible
for one of you to look at this bug report please:

I didn't get time to check it myself but would appreciate any help. Even
something like "no problem here with my slack + latest wx" would be
helpfull.

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
Tomasz Rybak
Дата:
Dnia 12-03-2006, nie o godzinie 12:21 +0100, Raphaël Enrici napisał(a):
> Hi Andreas, Dave,
>
> I'm just about to work on pgadmin3 1.4.2 packaging. Would it be possible
> for one of you to look at this bug report please:

I don't think it's pgAdmin or wx error; IMO it's rather something
with gtk.
I had similar behaviour with Firefox 1.5 beta, but I wasn't able
to check what exactly was causing it. But similarly, d'n'd icon was
appearing, and X wasn't responding.

> I didn't get time to check it myself but would appreciate any help. Even
> something like "no problem here with my slack + latest wx" would be
> helpfull.

I haven't checked it yet - I'm still upgrading :-)

But I tried to use rev 5051, and there are two problems.
One, there is still version 1.4.0-0.2.beta1 in pkg/debian/changelog.

Also, I cannot build version from SVN, I got following error:

dpkg-deb: building package `pgadmin3-data' in
`../pgadmin3-data_1.4.0-0.2.beta1_all.deb'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tomus/Zrodla/admin'
/usr/bin/make -f debian/rules DH_OPTIONS=-a spec-binary-arch
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tomus/Zrodla/admin'
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installchangelogs
dh_installdocs
cp: cannot stat `BUGS.txt': No such file or directory
dh_installdocs: command returned error code 256
make[1]: *** [spec-binary-arch] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tomus/Zrodla/admin'
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 2

Regards, and thanks for work.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogomips@post.pl>

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
"Dave Page"

:-)

Seriously though, I cannot reproduce this on slackware-current, running the wx2.6.2 based 1.4.2 binary package of
pgAdmin(package build on developer.pgadmin.org, running on another box).

Can you reproduce it in a minimal scintilla based test app?

Regards, Dave

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
"Dave Page"

The package files only tend to get updated right before release. A pure source build should be OK though - it's only
thedebian stuff that's out of date.

Regards, Dave.

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I should have bet on this... Any bookmaker around there? ;)

> Seriously though, I cannot reproduce this on slackware-current, running the wx2.6.2 based 1.4.2 binary package of
pgAdmin(package build on developer.pgadmin.org, running on another box).
> Can you reproduce it in a minimal scintilla based test app?

So, I'm gonna package the latest 1.4.2 and will try it under official
Debian/unstable. If the problem occurs, I'll follow your advice and try
to reduce the scope of the problem by testing this with a minimal app.

Thanks! Bets are opened! :))

Cheers,
Raph

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
"Dave Page"

:-(

> Could you point me to a usefull wx-examples test case that uses same
> piece of code as pgAdmin III so that I try it?

I'd start with $WXSRC/contrib/samples/stc/

Regards, Dave

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
"Dave Page"

Oh, good - thanks for the update Raph.

Regards, Dave.

Re: focus problem reported at debian.org

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

More information can be found in the two bug reports opened at
debian.org [1] & [2].

Maybe we can log this somewhere.

To debian users on the list, Ron recently uploaded wxWidgets 2.6.3 and
it should be rapidly available.

Cheers,
Raphaël